06 September 2018

Chasing grids

I've finally passed 3D2EU's scores in the ARRL International Grid Chase: it has taken months of effort to catch them and take the lead in CQ zone 32. Five excellent ops were QRV from Rotuma Island for ~3 weeks, making ~30,000 mostly CW QSOs covering ~1,000 grid squares.  

Overall, I'm ranked 106 in the grid chase with a total score of ~5,000, a long way behind the global leaders' awesome totals of over 20,000.

Some chasers may be running FT8 robots and multi-station setups to max-out their rates. Several are keen contesters. I can't compete directly with that level of activity and dedication ... but I'm giving them a good run for their money in terms of working unique grids. So far this year I've made ~13,000 mostly FT8 QSOs covering ~1,100 unique grids placing me 20th in the world - not bad at all with ~40,000 chasers! Logger32 conveniently highlights new grids this year on its band maps which suits my aims as a Far Side DXer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment